Anti-Ryan Lochte fans rush ‘Dancing with the Stars’ stage (video)

AP
0 Comments

Ryan Lochte‘s debut on “Dancing with the Stars” was interrupted by two men trespassing onto the stage wearing shirts with Lochte’s name crossed out on Monday night.

Security quickly apprehended the two men while the show aired live. They were not shown on camera as Lochte and partner Cheryl Burke were on stage receiving feedback from judges.

“So many feelings are going through my head right now, a little hurt,” Lochte told show host Tom Bergeron afterward. “But I came out here. I wanted to do something I’m completely not comfortable with, and I did. I came out here with a big smile.”

“It honestly feels like someone reached inside, took out my heart and just stepped on it,” Lochte later said on E! News.

Lochte, a 12-time Olympic medalist, was suspended last week for 10 months by USA Swimming and the U.S. Olympic Committee after his gas-station incident at the Rio Olympics.

Lochte, 32, has said he plans to return to the sport following the ban.

On Monday, Lochte and Burke performed a foxtrot dance on the “Dancing with the Stars” season premiere. Video of their performance is here.

VIDEO: Lochte comments on suspension, advice from Michael Phelps