Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron conjured 1980s workout videos with their leading rhythm dance at Internationaux de France on Friday.
Papadakis and Cizeron, four-time world champions, debuted their aerobic-themed dance to selections from the musical “Fame” on the Grand Prix level in their home nation in Grenoble.
The full dance is available for NBC Sports Gold subscribers here at the 1-hour, 16-minute mark.
Papadakis’ teal and pink costume was reminiscent of Olivia Newton-John. Cizeron’s workout-like outfit included a headband with a sleeveless pink top.
“It’s really fun for us that it is really different,” Cizeron said, according to the International Skating Union. “It’s different from what everyone else is doing, and it’s different from what we’ve been doing. It was a kind of a challenge to work on this program and make it fun.”
Internationaux de France concludes Saturday with all of the free skates. A full live stream schedule is here.
Internationaux de France
1. Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron (FRA) — 88.69
2. Madison Chock/Evan Bates (USA) — 80.69
3. Charlene Guignard/Marco Fabbri (ITA) — 79.65
4. Olivia Smart/Adrian Diaz (ESP) — 76.09
5. Tiffani Zagorski/Jonathan Guerreiro (RUS) — 75.05
6. Natalya Kaliszek/Maksym Spodyriev (POL) — 74.19
7. Carolane Soucisse/Shane Firus (CAN) — 68.61
8. Julia Wagret/Pierre Souquet-Basiege (FRA) — 63.55
9. Marie-Jade Lauriault/Romain Le Gac (FRA) — 61.48
10. Allison Reed/Saulius Ambrulevicius (LTU) — 58.10
As a reminder, you can watch the events from the 2019-20 figure skating season live and on-demand with the ‘Figure Skating Pass’ on NBC Sports Gold. Go to NBCsports.com/gold/figure-skating to sign up for access to every ISU Grand Prix and championship event, as well as domestic U.S. Figure Skating events throughout the season. NBC Sports Gold gives subscribers an unprecedented level of access on more platforms and devices than ever before.
OlympicTalk is on Apple News. Favorite us!Follow @nbcolympictalk